Hi there Culinary Faries! Join me in welcoming our first guest post. Here is a delicious coffee recipe from my friend Osama Ahmed.
As a side note, he also produces music with two of my favorites being his Titanium Dance Remix and DJ OMA in the Mixx.
Coffee is an incredibly sophisticated beverage to be connoisseured, not merely a medication to wake us up in the morning. And sometimes, it can also be a classy dessert as well.
Introducing the Osamagato: the simple dorm room way to make tasty coffee-dessert beverages without having an espresso machine. Yes, real coffee snobs will laugh at me for using instant coffee, but simplicity is of the essence here.
I uncovered this recipe completely by means of trial and experimentation. Moreover, the portion sizes are incredibly variable to suit each of your own tastes.
Ingredients (Makes 3-4 cups)
- 3 tablespoons of good tasting instant coffee (I prefer Nescafe Tasters Choice Dark French Roast)
- A can of condensed milk
- 2 Tablespoons of Nutella
- A few tablespoons of water
- 2 cups milk
- Caramel Sauce for topping
- Whipped cream for topping
- Place the water – just enough to allow for the coffee and Nutella to dissolve in – in the microwave and bring to a boil
- Add the Nutella and the coffee beans to a mug and stir vigorously until everything is dissolved
- Add the can of condensed milk to the solution. This forms your concentrate. The concentrate can be stored for a few days in the fridge and can be used to prepare the drink anytime
- Take concentrate and make a 1/3 (or higher depending on your taste) dilution with milk. Stir thoroughly
- Add ice, top it with whipped cream, and add some caramel sauce to decorate and sprinkle a little crushed coffee beans on top. Serve with a straw.