Sorry for the break, but I’m finally getting back on my cooking and baking grind. My simplified take on the Cordon Bleu with chopped French BACON instead of ham
Cordon Bleu is French for “blue ribbon”
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 25 minutes
4 pieces of chicken breast
150 grams chopped lardon (about 2/3 cup of fatty French bacon)
4 slices of swiss or light cheese
2 tsp white wine
- Preheat oven 325 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Pan fry lardon, about 4 minutes or until cooked.
- Pound or cut chicken breast so it’s about 1 cm thick.
- Layer a slice of cheese on the chicken breast and a fourth of the cooked lardon on top of the cheese. Pour 1/2 tsp of wine over the lardon.
- Roll up the chicken breast and secure with many toothpicks poked through it. (As you can see in the picture, I didn’t put enough toothpicks…the chicken unraveled, and the cheese and lardon were exposed!)
- Bake in the oven for about 25 minutes until chicken is golden brown.