It’s been a while, but finally updating the blog again!
German for “almond cake,” this moist dessert is sure to please any nut lover! Adapted from recipe found here: http://allrecipes.com/recipe/simple-white-cake/
Prep time: 20 min
Cook time: 35 min
Makes 12 cupcakes or one 9″ cake
3/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup ground almonds (almond meal)
1 3/4 teaspoons baking powder
1/3 cup milk
1/3 cup strawberry jam
1 tbsp sliced almonds
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cream butter and sugar. Add in eggs one at a time. Mix in both extracts.
- Mix flour, almonds, and baking powder and add to creamed mixture.
- Mix in milk. Bake for about 35 minutes until lightly browned and springs to the touch.
- Top with jam, sliced almonds, and chocolate bits.